Are you an enthusiastic and passionate System Administrator? Are you thrilled to work with SAAS? Are you excited to be in charge of systems, hardware and private cloud within a unique, innovative and fast-growing company? Do you like to be in control and work in an international setting with the opportunity to maximize your tech skills? Then please continue reading!
Our job as System Administrator is what you expect this role to be, and more! What sets us apart from other companies it that we develop a Software as a Service platform. Next to that, we use our own private cloud. Where you normally get access to a Google Cloud or an Amazon cloud is the exciting part at Datenna that we are running our own cloud. And you are the one who becomes responsible for that! We facilitate our platform through technologies like graph databases, relational databases, document stores, search engines and more. Our storage and databases need to be both scalable and highly available as we import billions of items a week.
Within this dynamic job the focus is on:
- Managing, facilitating and monitoring systems and services related to serving our product;
- Managing, installing and updating all non-product related systems and networks such as our WIFI network, VPN network, file storage, Office Accounts and future internal systems;
- Communication with external partners and suppliers who assist in the IT network/infrastructure, hardware, system administration and security systems;
- Develop an internal platform with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies for your colleagues;
- Being in charge of device management such as providing laptops, and facilitate work stations;
- You are the first building block of this team and you take a leading role in further expansion of the team in the near future;
- Proactively participate in improving and creating efficiency within our complex, running systems;
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree or Associate degree related to Expert IT, Software Developer, ICT, Computer Science, Software Engineering;
- At least about 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience with Linux system administration and Kubernetes;
- Eager to work with a private cloud;
- Proactive attitude and hands-on mindset;
- Self-starter and decision-maker;
- Likes to be challenged as you are constantly working with new techniques and innovations;
At Datenna, we build data-driven intelligence tools for governments to help them close the information gap between China and the rest of the world. Our goal is to create transparency and deliver the world’s best intelligence platforms on the Chinese industry and innovation landscape. Our data and insights are unique in the world and are picked up by international media, for example by the Wall Street Journal and most recently on CNBC, Reuters and FD. For an example of the kind of topics we analyze, look at: https://dtn.ai/fdiradar. We are open for new ideas and are providing an environment that helps you accelerate and develop your professional skills.
When you walk into our office there is a very down-to-earth and easy-going vibe. We work with bright and driven people who are all passionate about their work and the way it contributes to the bigger picture. Furthermore, working together as a team, Thursday afternoon drinks and lunch (that Datenna provides) makes it a real community on its own.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary (not like a typical start-up)
- Pension scheme
- Career development
- Commuting allowance
- Young team of passionate and talented colleagues
- Nice working environment in the center of Eindhoven – with good coffee from a professional Italian espresso machine
- Daily freshly prepared lunch
- Weekly Thursday afternoon drink
- A MacBook
- Regular internal presentations where challenges and successes are shared (no lengthy stories). In other words, a close-knit and efficient team
Interested? Apply directly via the button below!