Do you get excited from data-driven and online research? Has China always been an obsession to you and are you comfortable reading Chinese text, in other words 你看得懂中文吗？Are you in the possession of extraordinary research skills to find the needle in the haystack? Do you agree that there is still a major information gap to close between Europe and China? And would you like to be part of a solution to that? Then we have the challenge for you!
In the role of China Data Researcher, we are looking for a someone who wants to join our data research team. Within this team your role focuses on investigating and researching data on the Chinese web, including online platforms. As a team, you identify potential data sources and, with your knowledge of the Chinese context, evaluate data for suitability for our platform. This role typically suits a person with an interest in or experience with data science.
Further responsibilities within your job:
- Identifying potential online data sources;
- Evaluating the usefulness of data in large datasets;
- Operationalizing of data sourcing in close collaboration with our developers and data scientists; Thinking of innovative ways to translate raw data into intelligence;
- Aligning with the wider China Analyst team about research projects.
Who we are looking for?
- Someone with a degree in Chinese Studies or a different degree with a clear focus on China;
- Someone with a demonstrable interest or experience with data science or data-driven research;
- Knowledge of Chinese industry, economy and politics;
- Reading proficiency in Chinese preferably HSK4 you need to be able grasp the bigger picture;
- Experience with machine-learning, AI, or software skills in Python are an advantage;
- Working with integrity and an eye for detail;
- Ambitious, yet modest;
- Eager to learn;
- Helpful towards colleagues and customers;
- Good command of the English language;
At Datenna, we build data-driven intelligence tools for governments to help them close the information gap between China and the rest of the world. Our goal is to create transparency and deliver the world’s best intelligence platforms on the Chinese industry and innovation landscape. Our data and insights are unique in the world and are picked up by international media, for example by the Wall Street Journal and most recently on CNBC, Reuters and FD. For an example of the kind of topics we analyze, look at: https://dtn.ai/fdiradar. We are open for new ideas and are providing the environment that helps you accelerate and develop your professional skills.
When you walk into our office there is a very down-to-earth and easy-going vibe. We work with bright and driven people who are all passionate about their work and the way it contributes to the bigger picture. Furthermore, working together as a team, Thursday afternoon drinks and lunch (that Datenna provides) makes it a real community on its own.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary (not like a typical start-up)
- Pension scheme
- Career development
- Commuting allowance
- Young team of passionate and talented colleagues
- Nice working environment in the center of Eindhoven – with good coffee from a professional Italian espresso machine
- Daily freshly prepared lunch
- Weekly Thursday afternoon drink
- A MacBook
- Regular internal presentations where challenges and successes are shared (no lengthy stories). In other words, a close-knit and efficient team
Interested? Apply directly via the button below!