Are you hands-on and excited to play a critical role in a unique, innovative and fast-growing company? Do you have several years of DevOps experience? Are you thrilled to work in an international business setting with the opportunity to maximize your tech skills?
The DevOps Engineer is critical to our organization. As Devops Engineer you are end-to-end responsible for our systems. You are both supporting on a technical and on a managerial level. You play a major role in integrating the project functions and resources across the product life cycle, right from planning, building, testing, and deployment to support. You gain insights into issues that arise in relation to our systems. Your ultimate goal is to create a team mindset where everyone shares the responsibility for devops!
Further responsibilities in this role:
- Setting up and implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure;
- Gaining insights into system issues and opt for minimizing the bottlenecks in our system architecture;
- Defining, executing, and improving development, test, release, update, and support processes and procedures for DevOps operation;
- Together with our security officer: identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management;
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible;
- Mentoring and guiding the team members in the area of devops tools and best practices;
- Remain full overview and decision making which systems to continue running/ phase out;
- Planning the team structure, activities, and involvement in project management activities;
- Close collaboration with our System Administrator;
- Managing stakeholders and external interfaces.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline;
- In-depth experience with Python, Linux and Kubernetes;
- Experience with git, gitops and devsecops;
- Security-oriented mindset;
- You are familiar with working in Scrum environments;
- Prior experience as a Software Developer is a plus;
- Software as a Service (SaaS) experience is a plus;
- Proactive attitude and hands-on mindset;
- Self-starter and decision-maker;
- Likes to be challenged as you are constantly working with new techniques and innovations.
At Datenna, we build data-driven intelligence tools for governments to help them close the information gap between China and the rest of the world. Our goal is to create transparency and deliver the world’s best intelligence platforms on the Chinese industry and innovation landscape. Our data and insights are unique in the world and are picked up by international media, for example by the Wall Street Journal and most recently on CNBC, Reuters and FD. For an example of the kind of topics we analyze, look at: https://dtn.ai/fdiradar. We are open for new ideas and are providing an environment that helps you accelerate and develop your professional skills.
When you walk into our office there is a very down-to-earth and easy-going vibe. We work with bright and driven people who are all passionate about their work and the way it contributes to the bigger picture. Furthermore, working together as a team, Thursday afternoon drinks and lunch (that Datenna provides) makes it a real community on its own.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary (not like a typical start-up!)
- Pension scheme
- Career development
- Commuting allowance
- Young team of passionate and talented colleagues
- Nice working environment in the center of Eindhoven – with good coffee from a professional Italian espresso machine
- Daily freshly prepared lunch
- Weekly Thursday afternoon drink
- A laptop
- Regular internal presentations where challenges and successes are shared (no lengthy stories). In other words, a close-knit and efficient team
Interested? Apply directly via the button below!