Senior Data Scientist
Do you bring experience as a Data Scientist? Are you passionate about big data? Do you love to create practical insights out of raw data and are you able to tell its story to key stakeholders? Are you excited to become part of an ambitious, innovative scale-up company?
At Datenna, we are growing rapidly, and to accelerate our growth we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us process vast amounts of data on the Chinese Market. This is your chance to develop yourself and grow with Datenna!
In this critical role you receive the opportunity to bring Datenna to a next level as a data-driven company. You are in the lead of our various data science projects. You enjoy starting completely from scratch, think out of the box and come up with the most innovative ideas. You are involved from end-to-end: optimize business processes with analytics, Root Cause Analyses, Business Actions, Strategic Support, Statistic Research and. Collaboration and clear communication with stakeholders amongst various levels is crucial in this role.
- You create insights based on large and complex data sets;
- You are able to build the necessary data pipelines and to this end you are flexible with the use of technology and willing to learn new tools;
- You are integrating AI, using data visualization for data insights, and further incorporate easily connect between AI and Data Engineering, Data Visualization and Data Architecture;
- You are able to convey the insights that you have gained by presenting them to potential stakeholders;
- You are able to develop statistical- and machine learning models;
- You advise the sales department on suitable data and analytics solutions;
- You take the initiative to improve existing processes;
- Storytelling with the business team is key in your role. You communicate technical aspects, and features in such a way that it is understandable for the China team;
- You have a supervisory role and enjoy to guide your (junior) team members;
- You bring all ideas together in one framework.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Statistics or a related discipline;
- Out of box thinking and creativity;
- At least 5 years of experience working in a similar position;
- General software development skills (e.g. object-oriented programming, unit testing);
- Experience with Python, PySpar, and preferably with Spark SQL;
- You have affinity with data, AI and machine learning; natural language processes;
- Experience with elastic search is a plus!
- You feel comfortable drawing conclusions from your data and have no issue with explaining them to stakeholders;
- You are proactive and love to solve problems;
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English;
- Affinity with China is a plus!
At Datenna, we build data-driven intelligence tools for governments to help them close the information gap between China and the rest of the world. Our goal is to create transparency and deliver the world’s best intelligence platforms on the Chinese industry and innovation landscape. Our data and insights are unique in the world and are picked up by international media, for example by the Wall Street Journal and most recently on CNBC, Reuters and FD. For an example of the kind of topics we analyze, look at: https://dtn.ai/fdiradar. We are open for new ideas and are providing an environment that helps you accelerate and develop your professional skills.
When you walk into our office there is a very down-to-earth and easy-going vibe. We work with bright and driven people who are all passionate about their work and the way it contributes to the bigger picture. Furthermore, working together as a team, Thursday afternoon drinks and lunch (that Datenna provides) makes it a real community on its own.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary (not like a typical start-up)
- Pension scheme
- Career development
- Commuting allowance
- Young team of passionate and talented colleagues
- Nice working environment in the center of Eindhoven – with good coffee from a professional Italian espresso machine
- Daily freshly prepared lunch
- Weekly Thursday afternoon drink
- A MacBook
- Regular internal presentations where challenges and successes are shared (no lengthy stories). In other words, a close-knit and efficient team
Interested? Apply directly via the button below!